Saturday, August 07, 2010 / 4:10 PM
How ironic that my students found the ndp video of 2005 n in a frame which lasted a split second, found my face smiling back at them...
The title of that year's ndp song was 'Reaching for the Skies'
Then I felt I was, reaching the peak in my life, the almost graduate, the dance captain, a stable relationship n a promising future of possibilities...
But 5 years has since passed, n while I m financially stable, in a blessed relationship w Jem n my family members, I do wonder from time to time, m I passed my peak? Or m I reaching new ones?
Came to a conclusion a year ago when I stopped dancing altogether.. That while dance wi always stir up emotions n passions within me, I have to scale new heights in my career.. It means becoming a good teacher n mentor to the students, n finding the same sense of purpose n drive I haf in dance, in my teaching career now... N I do thank god, that in this school n with these kids I have, it's so easy to find the gratification n fulfilment in my daily humdrums...
A good reflection to start my long weekend positively.. :)
The Girl Inside
Michelle,
seeking the best in her, yet looking at her best days unfolding right before her at the same time.
contact her at: inspiremydance@hotmail.com
"It's not how hard you fall, but how hard you fight back."
Look at the stars, and not the reflection of the moon.
~endless time in the studio
~more cuppa time with dearlings
~travel more places
~dressing up
~getting that diver's license by 2009