Thursday, April 16, 2009 / 11:54 AM
So many worlds surround me
so many roles I play
yet who am I really
am I going my way
love and fear grip me
the constant struggle to emerge
not one is stronger than the other
yet both could sometimes hurt
If I linger in the beauty of yesterday
I would write pages of your endearment
if I was caught in the web of the morning fright
the letters won’t form and
words would be trapped at the back of my head
it is THIS moment I want to capture
but I can’t grab time
not the seconds that tick too quickly away
feeling like even the moment’s not mine.
I’m a horrid wreck of nerves today
today, being in school
I’m not the one I respect in the mirror
I wonder if you think that too
I’m back to being an escapist
and shutting out these thoughts
I feel like a small girl
pushing forward a cartful of toys
it’s these happy thoughts that keeps me going
fill my mind and leave me a smile
could be wistful, even meek
but nonetheless, a smile for a while
but now im tossed like a rag
the demands of this and that
rush by, hustle along, jostle past,
I can only cling to the joys of what you left
since we started 2009
in this world with you beside
im secure contented beyond belief
I cast my gaze into the sky
and smile at the tubby you he left me
like a present left at my doorstep
unexpected.
a surprise, he knew id love
a bundle of joy like a fresh new life
delivered not by cranes but angels
when my pinky hooks your thumb
or when you slow your pace and walk beside
you bring a tingle of glee, dash of bliss, and an overflowing
and words do so little
to that mix of feelings you give
just know I like this feeling
I, more than like,
a dozen more verbs would be appropriate.
….adore, treasure, love, head over heels, won over, stuck on, passionate about, stirred by…
you get the drift
All the confusion in this security
this chaos in this peace
I love when I crawl back into what’s really home
anywhere, with you beside and Him all around.
and in this fleeting moment
im transported back to paradise
where my bubble is filled with
only thoughts of you
how you blabbered as a kid
and act like a rockstar
how you mumble like a martian
and make me double over with laughter
Yet perfection only exists after imperfections.
perfection finds itself only within imperfections
perfection is never without imperfections,
so i tell myself, i need these imperfections :)
The Girl Inside
Michelle,
seeking the best in her, yet looking at her best days unfolding right before her at the same time.
contact her at: inspiremydance@hotmail.com
"It's not how hard you fall, but how hard you fight back."
Look at the stars, and not the reflection of the moon.
~endless time in the studio
~more cuppa time with dearlings
~travel more places
~dressing up
~getting that diver's license by 2009